Pages

Thursday 27 April 2017

We Are Your Leaders -- Updated Version

Alola friends. This will be the promised appendix to last week's report: the changes I made to the team. Here's the pretty Battle Box picture, but I also slightly changed some EVs. For that, go read more.

Changes

MotherOLight (Tapu Lele) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Level: 50
EVs: 236 HP / 212 Def / 36 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Moonblast
- Psyshock

First thing I changed was Lele. I gave back the Speed to turn it into an exact copy of Viera's EV-wise, because the lower Speed probably wouldn't be useful to fish for Finis anymore. It also lets Lele outspeed Pelipper and that has just become a bit more important than it was before because of how I changed Arcanine. But first, there's another thing on Lele: the last moveslot. I actually got the Psyshock idea from watching Toby's NPA replay with the same lineup. From my experience, I knew that I would almost never click Thunderbolt, and Fini will always be pretty annoying no matter what. And you know what, Psyshock is the best you can have against the Calm Mind version, just gotta switch Lele in to get the Terrain up, and boom, you'll have a strong hit ready, worst case they switch to a Dark type but that means Fini's done nothing. Other than that, Psyshock can also be used against Drifblims, but it's not recommended because Lele might just be doubled before it gets to move in those Driflele mirrors. Try not to lead Driflele against Driflele, it has a solid potential to cause misery.

Reverence (Arcanine) (F) @ Mago Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 204 HP / 76 Atk / 20 Def / 148 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Roar
- Protect

And here's the new Arcanine. Getting rid of Wild Charge actually hurts, but it's probably for the better. The team used to have a big cheese problem, and Roar opens up good options at least against all cheese that has no ways of preventing the Roar -- and that's about as good as it gets with this team, unless I change to Haze Drifblim or something. Well, and the EVs I also changed, and this was just to optimize some damage rolls. Offensively, it gives up the 100% chance to 2HKO uninvested Kokos with Flare Blitz + Extreme Speed, while still leaving it at a very solid 63/64 chance, and that's not counting one of the moves critting. Defensively, it reduces the damage taken from -1 Araquanid's Liquidation and neutral Adamant Garchomp's Earthquake a bit, so that none of them has a chance higher than 25% to OHKO, while they both were above 30% before.

And the rest I left as is. Too lazy to copy it up, just check out the original report for those, it's a good read anyway!

Future

Good question, don't have a definite answer yet. Normally, the team would still be good and fine and everything else, and I still like it too. But, the nightmarish niche matchups are not to be erased, and they happened to do super well in São Paulo. Smeargle/Nihilego is an autoloss by definition, Lillikoal is extremely annoying, and that's probably not even all from this top cut alone. I'll have to wait and see in how far all of that stuff becomes common or if it was just the community's mood of the week to overprepare for Driflele as though there's nothing else to worry about, lol.

And during my waiting and seeing, I tried out some other teams, mixed results and feelings. Some of them ended up just not having answers to Driflele and I understood the hard way how good my own team actually is, haha. I've also been thinking about using a similar team with Lele but without Drifblim, and all I then see is that many matchups become worse, few become better. Drifblim is a filler all right, but it's a really good one at that, let me tell you.

Thus, the quest for the team goes on, endlessly. Alola!

No comments:

Post a Comment