Pages

Saturday 20 February 2016

[VG] RIP Some More Teams

This bitch's been lying around here for a while now, so let's just get this off my chest, I guess. Anyway, there will be nothing overly important in this post. If you're looking for somewhat important stuff, go read my Innsbruck Regionals report instead. This post basically covers all events leading up to that Regional.

We're starting with the International Challenge January. I entered it with both my ORAS games -- for the first time ever I did a thing like this, and it feels like for the first time ever no one else did, lol. First run I played was the worse of the two, finished at 91st place, 1735 rating and a 31-14 record. Some more details on both my runs I posted on NB. The team was heavily inspired by what multiple fellow Germans were using shortly before. Copy at your own risk I'd say -- loaded with inaccurate moves, slow as fuck and still not a favorable matchup against the big-6 (especially if the Groudon has a Rock move). In general, I think it's a very bad time to use Ho-Oh right now.

And then, I ran the most original team imaginable on my main game. 1780 rating, 33-11 record, 30th place on the rankings, 10th place for CP. Absolutely better than expected, but yeah, it might have been just one win away from obsoleting the sixth Premier Challenge for good...

So much for that. My probably biggest conclusion from the IC was that it should be smart to use the big-6 in a way that mirror matchups are somewhat favorable, because the mirror matchup, in fact, seemed like the hardest matchup. (Actually, with further experiences gained since then, I'd say Trick Room with Mawile is harder.) So that's basically what I tried to do by replacing the flying minion. Played the PC on next Saturday, 4-1 Swiss, then lost in top 8 to said Mawile Trick Room in a pretty clear game 1 and a hilariously bullshit RNG game 2. I was obviously not too pleased with this result and I was gonna use something different, again more experimental, on Sunday -- but with how much that sucked (NB Live: 1-3 drop or something), I said to Hell with it and went with the Crobat standard team again. It somehow was a 3-0 start into the Swiss, then I played my top-8 opponent from before in the last round, same teams, and this time he beat me with Moody Moonlight Cresselia. Well whatever, I still made top 4! The bad thing is that I lost yet another Bo3, this time in 3 games against Rayogre -- very back and forth set, and unsurprisingly, game 3 was decided by an endgame coin-flip turn where I went for the wrong move.

Meh, what a weak weekend. It was actually strong in that I finally didn't get completely wrecked on one of the days, but the CP payouts just aren't too hot when you aren't taking first place, you know. I'll absolutely go for obsoleting both these results because fuck them and fuck the team as well, haha. For Innsbruck, as linked way above, I returned to the pure big-6 lineup and teched it out a bit -- only to still be weak to Mawile under Trick Room, yeah... Oh well, here's the Crobat team list of pure fucking ordinariness. See you whenever and take care.

Muttis Stolz (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
- Fake Out

Cleopatra (Salamence) (F) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Naive Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Double-Edge
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

UltraUmboxer (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Protect

ゼルネアス (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Protect

Swiss Cheese (Smeargle) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moody
Jolly Nature
- Follow Me
- Dark Void
- Fake Out
- Spiky Shield

>.<Keese>.< (Crobat) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
- Super Fang
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Quick Guard

No comments:

Post a Comment